Fortress.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty!   
I will say of the Lord, He is my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust!"
~Psalm 91:1&2

Hey Amazing People!
Hope your week has been super!
Well, I will jump right into this post by explaining why I have a picture of Darcy's Pemberley Manor as my pic for today! :O) My mom and I were out shopping and I noticed a bumper sticker on a car in the parking lot that said, "I'd rather be at Pemberley!".   It made my Mom and I laugh! (I think most of you probably know, but if you don't, Pemberley Manor is the mansion of one of Jane Austin's characters in the book Pride and Prejudice.) Later in the day, I sat down thinking of what I would post on this blog and I flipped to a journal entry that I had written earlier this year and this is what it said, "(God) Your arms are my fortress!" And, all that put together, became this post! :O) I was thinking about how beautiful manors are, about how protective they are, about how confident it's residents are, about how lavish and royal they make one feel when visiting (as in Elisabeth's case) and when owning one (I guess that applies to her too!) ;o)
And I thought of God's arms and how beautifully protective He holds His loved ones, how His gentleness brings confidence, how He lavishes true riches to His own and gives them an everlasting inheritance, how those that are held by Him feel so royal and beloved!  He is our fortress!  Life in His arms is the richest, most fulfilling, and loved life to ever be experienced!  Let Him sweep you off your feet today and hold you tight in His matchless embrace!
 "Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation:  and Thy right hand hath holden me up, and Thy gentleness hath made me great!" ~Psalm 18:35


Blessings on the rest of your week!
With a grateful heart,
Bri



Comments

Popular Posts